CLEAR offers a work club and employment advice service for refugees and non-EU migrants with English as an additional language.
We provide a range of support services to assist people with job searching and looking for volunteering opportunities. We can help with the following:
- Preparation of CVs and Cover Letters
- Researching skills and qualifications needed for particular jobs
- Searching for suitable job roles
- Completing application forms
- Looking for volunteering opportunities
- Identifying and applying for training courses and qualifications
We work with people who are currently looking for work, looking to change their job or planning their future career options.
We are also able to work with asylum seekers who are looking to volunteer whilst waiting for their claim to be decided or who have been given permission to work by the Home Office.
To book an appointment, please complete a request form, available here:
If you are not able to complete the form, please call 02380 221111. If our receptionist is not available, please leave your name and telephone number and we will call you back.
As well as assisting clients who need help applying for jobs, we offer a more in-depth service for clients who need help with specific enquiries. This could include:
- Supporting clients to apply for an SIA licence
- Supporting clients to apply for a private hire licence
- Advice for people considering self-employment
- Advice for people considering applying to university
- Helping clients get overseas qualifications recognised in the UK (via NARIC)
- Advice on childcare support
- Information on obtaining grants and other assistance related to work or education
We also offer in work support to individuals who are having difficulties in their current employment, such as payroll issues or queries regarding terms and conditions