CLEAR Work Club Admin Volunteer
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Work Club Admin
RESPONSIBLE TO: Refugee Integration and Employment Adviser
LOCATION: CLEAR Office 2 James Street SO14 1PJ
Volunteers sign up to a weekly 4 hour session on a day of their choice from Tuesday-Friday from 9.30-3pm. The same day each week is expected and we offer £3 towards lunch. A 3 month commitment is preferable.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
To provide administrative support to the Work club team. Duties will be selected from the following range of tasks.
- Data entry
- Scanning documents onto Advice-Pro
- Compiling and updating registers electronically
- Enter work clubs’ data accurately onto Advice Pro
- Update Advice Pro and class files with new or missing information
- Tracking of work club clients absences and attendance
- Amend existing data to new information accurately, e.g. when someone changes their address or telephone number
- Contact previous work club clients, establishing if they still need help or if they have successfully found a job
- Assisting with admin at training events
- Ad hoc duties, including washing up, tidying up, shredding, photocopying and other general duties
- Assist the learning team during exams
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge and skills of Microsoft office
- Willingness to phone clients and volunteers for various tasks such as inviting to courses.
- Good communication skills, in written and spoken English
- Organized and calm
- Able to use own initiative within given boundaries
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to maintain client confidentiality
- Pleasant attitude
- Able to commit one day a week for 4 hours
- Able to sit at a computer for long periods of time
- Able to work in a busy office with distractions
- Able to query discrepancies in data and problems with systems
- Previous experience in an administration role
- Good teamwork skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Experience of working in an office environment (any country)
Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements below and upload a CV or covering letter if possible. Do not forget to supply your email and phone number so we can contact you. Note: you will be required to complete an application form too.
Potential volunteers are welcome to come and visit before deciding to volunteer.