CLEAR Welcome Volunteer
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Welcome Volunteer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Volunteer Coordinator
LOCATION: CLEAR Office James Street Centre, 2 James Street SO14 1PJ
TIMINGS: 9:30-4:00pm slot between Monday and Friday. The same day each week is expected, and we offer £3 per day towards lunch. A commitment to at least 6 months is preferable.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Welcome Volunteer’s principal role is to welcome everyone who comes to CLEAR’s offices at the James Street Centre. It is very important that all CLEAR clients, visitors and learners meet with a warm and friendly welcome when they come through the door.
Working closely with other members of our team, you will also help to provide a high level of security ensuring the protection of all users of the building. The role also includes responsibilities in case of a fire or other emergency,
- Meet and greet all visitors with a warm welcome.
- Open the doors for visitors, ensuring that there is easy entry into the building, especially for those who are disabled, and those with buggies or children.
- Ensure the safety and security of all users of the building.
- Within safe boundaries, help to defuse any incidents of aggressive behaviour.
- Look out for unattended bags or belongings.
- Undertake other duties as may be required.
- Excellent communication skills and customer service approach
- Punctual and reliable
- Regular commitment
- Friendly and cheerful manner
- Naturally calming personality
- Able to use own initiative within boundaries
- Assertive and confident
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Good teamwork skills
- Good listener
- Previous experience as a door superviser or security guard
Potential volunteers are welcome to come and visit before deciding to volunteer.