CLEAR Social Media Volunteer
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Social Media Volunteer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Volunteer Coordinator
TIMINGS: Weekly 4 hour session on a day of their choice from Monday- Thursday (9.00-4.00pm). The same day each week is expected. Some home-based work may be possible with this role. A 6 month commitment is preferable.
LOCATION: CLEAR Office 2 James Street SO14 1PJ
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
CLEAR is a charity that supports refugees and migrants. This role will support the promoting and advertising of the work CLEAR and EU Welcome does in Southampton through digital and more conventional methods. We are looking for digitally savvy volunteers who can use Social Media to promote the work of CLEAR as well as advertising for new volunteer roles. We are looking for people who will lead the development of our social media presence and be responsible for content across Facebook and Twitter, as well as looking for other opportunities for promoting the work of CLEAR.
- Through our social media channels (Twitter and Facebook) the volunteer will help with the creation of content, promoting events and advertise volunteer roles.
- Through social media the volunteer will actively engage with the local community
- Update the social media platforms with relevant, engaging, innovative text, image and video content, including scheduling posts to reach wide as possible audience.
- Design posts to attract readers and new audience’s curiosity to the work CLEAR does
- Use social media to encourage dialogue and raise awareness around the Refugee Situation in the UK
- Use social media as a platform to promote our vision and mission and help build our online presence.
- Producing weekly analytics of our social media activities and feedback on successes and failures.
- Maximising reach by using correct hashtags and tagging companies or individual in posts.
- The Volunteer will also make sure that the content of our social media is up to date and fresh.
- Research audience for content ideas and scheduling timings, research other social media accounts, identify trends and successful posts.
- Respond to enquiries of supporters and clients online
- Monitor, research, collate and prepare the content for Facebook and Twitter
- To liaise with volunteer coordinator, website volunteer and design volunteer as well as other CLEAR staff from time to time.
- To undertake additional duties may be required
- Relevant experience in the area of social media campaigning
- Strong social media and IT skills
- Creativity and passion for social media
- Keen eye for a story and able to think creatively and input own ideas
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Good communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work independently
- Editorial and photo editing skills
- Knowledge of design and photo editing software
- Background knowledge of the refugee situation in the UK