CLEAR Design Volunteer
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: Design Volunteer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Volunteer Coordinator
TIMINGS: Weekly 4 hour session on a day of their choice from Monday- Thursday (9.00-4.00pm). The same day each week is expected. Some home-based work may be possible with this role.
LOCATION: CLEAR Office 2 James Street SO14 1PJ
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
CLEAR is a charity that supports refugees and migrants. This role will support the promoting and advertising of the work CLEAR and EU Welcome do in Southampton by creating and designing engaging promotional material and resources for CLEAR clients, volunteers and external agencies. Ideally you will be able to commit to at least 6 months in the role.
- Design posters, brochures and leaflets about our services
- Create graphics and content for our website and social media platforms
- Create or source copyright free material. ClipArt’s and designs for use in promotional material and resources
- Tailor material to variety of different audience’s ranging from professional external partners and employers to clients who are new to English.
- Re-design some of our templates and standard documents.
- Create content that is attractive, engaging and relevant to CLEAR.
- To liaise with volunteer coordinator, social media volunteer and website volunteer as well as other CLEAR staff from time to time.
- To undertake other duties as required.
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Strong IT skills
- Strong graphic and photo editing skills
- Creativity and passion for graphic design
- Experience with photo editing software
- Experience in graphic design
- Attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Able to think creatively and input own ideas
- Good communication skills
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work independently
- Team work skills
- Background knowledge of the refugee situation in the UK
Please make sure you meet the minimum requirements below and upload a CV or covering letter if possible. Do not forget to supply your email and phone number so we can contact you. Note: you will be required to complete an application form too.
Potential volunteers are welcome to come and visit before deciding to volunteer.