Blogger and Digital Content Volunteer
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE:Blogger and Digital Content Volunteer
RESPONSIBLE TO:Volunteer Coordinator
TIMINGS:Home-based opportunity, minimum of 4 h a week, a 6-12 month commitment is preferable.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE:
CLEAR is a charity that supports refugees and migrants. This role will support the promoting and advertising of the work CLEAR and EU Welcome does in Southampton through writing blogs and articles. We would like to see one or two blog posts a week and a bi-monthly newsletter that refers to the blog posts. Most importantly you can work independently and have a heart for Refugee issues be able to write about these subjects, passionately! Please be kind enough to submit examples of your written work.
- Create engaging, insightful, appealing and original content for our website and social media channels
- Research topics and develop interesting posts that will appeal, reach and grow our target audience (clients, volunteers, CLEAR supporters, other Refugee Charities)
- Promote the blog using social media and other methods to alert and expand our readership
- Generating, researching and pitching ideas for posts
- Writing, editing, publishing and promoting content
- Write and design posts to attract readers and new audience’s curiosity to the work CLEAR does
- Use blogs to encourage dialogue and raise awareness around the Refugee situation in Southampton
- Use blogs as a platform to promote our vision and mission and help build our online presence.
- Research audience for content ideas and scheduling timings, research other blogs, social media accounts, identify trends and successful posts.
- To liaise with volunteer coordinator, CLEAR Staff, website volunteer and design volunteer as well as other CLEAR staff from time to time.
- To undertake additional duties may be required
- Passion and skills for writing persuasive blogs & articles
- Passion for refugee issues
- Exceptional writing and writing experience
- Good research and communication skills
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Keen eye for a story and able to think creatively and input own ideas
- Strong social media and IT skills
- Creativity and passion for social media
- Attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to work independently
- Relevant experience in the area of social media campaigning
- Editorial, graphic design and photo editing skills
- Knowledge of design and photo editing software
- Background knowledge of the migrant situation in the UK