CLEAR Avenue Multicultural Centre (AMC) LEAD VOLUNTEER
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: AMC Lead Volunteer
RESPONSIBLE TO: CLEAR Project Manager
LOCATION: AMC (Avenue Multicultural Centre), Avenue St Andrew’s United Reformed Church, Southampton SO17 1XQ.
TIMINGS: Fridays 9:30am-2pm. The same day each week is expected. CLEAR pays for volunteers food at the AMC café. A minimum 6–month commitment is preferred.
To ensure that a high quality of service is provided throughout all the AMC CLEAR volunteering areas (kitchen, games and reception). Be available for CLEAR volunteers if there any concerns or issues as well as inducting and training new volunteers. Be available to step into one of CLEAR’s areas if a volunteer on the rota cannot attend. Act as the facilitator between volunteers and Project Manager.
- Organise the weekly rota for all AMC volunteers, by compiling names from Avenue St Andrew’s Church, Southampton and Winchester Visitors Group (SWVG) and CLEAR, to ensure that the kitchen, games area and reception are covered between 10am and 2pm. This will be done by talking to volunteers at the AMC and contacting others where necessary by email.
- Liaise with Church volunteer to coordinate shoppers and the 10-11am slot on the rota.
- Email the rota to the CLEAR Project Manager, and the CLEAR Advice Team Leader and all CLEAR AMC volunteers each week.
- Staff the kitchen weekly (or fortnightly) on the rota.
- Induct new kitchen, reception and games volunteers into their roles and introduce them to other CLEAR staff and volunteers.
- If any CLEAR volunteer is absent or needs support, you will assist the activity to make sure it runs smoothly.
- Regularly meet with CLEAR staff, to act as facilitator between AMC volunteers and the Project Manager, ensuring good communication as well as giving feedback as required about AMC and AMC volunteers.
- Oversee CLEAR AMC volunteer performance (re reliability and punctuality), highlighting any issues that need attention or praise.
- Record CLEAR AMC volunteer attendance by requesting volunteers to sign in and out for the CLEAR register.
- Complete and keep up-to-date with mandatory training (eg. fire, PREVENT, Safeguarding and Food Hygiene) as required.
- Ensure that kitchen volunteers complete the following during the service as well as being prepared to support and assist:
- Keep all assigned areas (kitchen, food store cupboards and food serving areas) clean and tidy at all times.
- Food preparation to be carried out as required in the kitchen.
- Washing up, as required.
- General cleaning to follow cleaning schedule as directed.
- Clearing tables so that our customers always have a clean and welcoming environment in which to eat.
- Provide a high quality service at all times.
- Assist customers with queries in a prompt, professional, courteous and friendly manner, so that customer care standards are met.
- In case of emergency, ensure all aspects of security, fire and emergency procedures for assigned area are carried out, so that Avenue Multicultural Centre practices are adhered to.
- Report any unsafe practices or broken machinery/ equipment to the supervisor, so that remedial action can be taken immediately.
- Report any accidents and log in the Accident Book as appropriate.
- Use all equipment as trained observing all safe practices, so that accidents are avoided.
- Undertake and constantly apply the training from a Basic Food Hygiene training course
- Excellent communication skills and customer service approach
- Experience leading a team
- Regular commitment
- Friendly and cheerful manner face to face
- Administration skills for maintaining lists/information and tracking attendance
- Able to use own initiative
- Act appropriately in unexpected situations
- Assertive and confident
- Able to work in a non-discriminatory and non-judgemental manner
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Good teamwork skills
- Experience of working in a catering environment
- Customer service experience
- Experience of administering rotas
This role is subject to a short interview and successfully obtaining two references.
Please contact the Volunteer Coordinator at: