CLEAR AMC LEAD KITCHEN VOLUNTEER
VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
JOB TITLE: AMC Lead Kitchen Volunteer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Learning and Development Manager
LOCATION: AMC (Avenue Multicultural Centre), Avenue St Andrew’s UR Church, Southampton.
TIMINGS: Fridays: between 9:30-2pm, on a rota basis. The same day each week is expected and we offer £3 towards lunch. A 6 month commitment is preferable.
To welcome clients, register clients’ arrival and departure as well as sign posting them to the different services and activities available to them.
- Organise the weekly rota for kitchen volunteers, by compiling names from Avenue St Andrew’s Church, Southampton and Winchester Visitor’s Group (SWVG) and CLEAR, to ensure the kitchen is covered between 10am and 2pm. This will be done by talking to volunteers at the AMC and contacting others where necessary by email.
- Liaise with Church volunteer to coordinate shoppers and the 10-11am slot on the rota.
- Email the rota to the CLEAR Learning and Development Manager each month.
- Staff the kitchen weekly (or fortnightly) on the rota.
- Induct new kitchen volunteers into their role as Catering Assistant.
- Regularly meet with CLEAR staff, to ensure good communication on the facilities, volunteer attendance and performance (re reliability and punctuality), highlighting any issues that need attention.
- Record volunteer attendance (CLEAR) by requesting volunteers to sign in and out for the CLEAR register.
- Occasional support to CLEAR for recruiting volunteers to CLEAR courses, e.g. Food Safety.
The following are also included in the Catering Assistant Role:
- Keep all assigned areas (kitchen, food store cupboards and food serving areas) clean and tidy at all times.
- Food preparation to be carried out as required in the kitchen.
- Washing up, as required.
- General cleaning to follow cleaning schedule as directed.
- Clearing tables so that our customers always have a clean and welcoming environment in which to eat.
- Provide a high quality service at all times.
- Assist customers with queries in a prompt, professional, courteous and friendly manner, so that customer care standards are met.
- In case of emergency, ensure all aspects of security, fire and emergency procedures for assigned area are carried out, so that Avenue Multicultural Centre practices are adhered to.
- Report any unsafe practices or broken machinery/ equipment to the supervisor, so that remedial action can be taken immediately.
- Report any accidents and log in the Accident Book as appropriate.
- Use all equipment as trained observing all safe practices, so that accidents are avoided.
- Undertake and constantly apply the training from a Basic Food Hygiene training course (we will offer train).
- Excellent communication skills and customer service approach
- Regular commitment
- Friendly and cheerful manner face to face
- Administration skills for maintaining lists / information and tracking attendance
- Able to use own initiative within boundaries
- Assertive and confident
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Good teamwork skills
- Experience of working in a catering environment
- Customer service experience
- Experience of administering rotas
Please upload a CV or covering letter and provide us with your email and phone number so we can contact you. Note: you will be required to complete an application form too.