The following links and information may be useful to you. Many of these websites and documents are available in different languages.
- Ukrainian Support Helpline – the Association of Ukrainians in Great Britain and Barnardo’s have set up the Ukrainian Support Helpline to provide a holistic support service. The Helpline is available to anyone fleeing the conflict in Ukraine. Call free helpline on: 0800 148 8586
- Ukrainian Helpline from Eastern European Resource Centre – the helpline is open from Monday to Thursday 10:00 – 16:00 to contact EERC’s Ukrainian-speaking team for general information about settling in the UK, welfare benefits advice and immigration advice. The line is for Ukrainians living or arriving to the UK. Call the helpline on 07718 612218
- Ukrainians Welcome – useful websites, helplines and other information for Ukrainians who have just arrived in the UK. Website available in Russian and Ukrainian.
- Ukraine Welcome Guide – a guide from the UK Government for Ukrainians arriving in the UK
- Activities for Children – Free creative activities for children to help calm the mind, reduce anxiety and give a sense of peace – even for just a few moments a day.
- How the National Health Service (NHS) works – an infographic in Russian
- Financial Support – People arriving in the UK from Ukraine can now find essential benefits information from the UK governments Department of Work and Pensions (DWP)
- Ukraine Advice Project UK – has been set up to provide free legal advice to Ukrainian people who need assistance on immigration, asylum and visa matters
- UK Visa Support for Ukrainian Nationals – The Government has a dedicated page set up to provide updates to those with family members in Ukraine and Ukrainian people in the UK. This will be updated as details of the different Government schemes become available.
- Institute of Translation and Interpretation – Information and a number of useful links regarding where help can be found with language support – the link here is from the Language Support Task Force in response to the rapidly developing need for Ukrainian into English language support in the UK. Please see sections “For organisations or individuals needing help with translation or interpreting” and “Model documents translations for visa applications – templates”. The model documents can be downloaded and used free of charge.
For other asylum seekers and refugees:
- Migrant Help – This organisation provides advice on asylum support and the asylum system.
- The Right to Remain Toolkit – This is a guide to the UK immigration and asylum system.
- Welcome: A guide for new refugees – This is a guide created by the Home Office giving information to people newly granted refugee status.
- Living in Asylum Accommodation – This is a guide created by the Home Office giving an overview of information to people in asylum accommodation.
- UK Government Guide to Claiming Asylum