Advice Help during the Coronavirus Outbreak

Although the office is closed we are still working. Advice is still running on a Tuesday and Thursday.

You can email us by clicking the link to Advice or call us on 023 8022 1111 and leave a message, which we will return.


While the CLEAR office is closed, we will not be able to help with citizenship or travel document applications, or any other non-urgent immigration matters. For further information about these applications please see the advice on GOV.UK:


Click here to apply for citizenship if you have indefinite leave to remain or ‘settled status’

This includes information about applying for children under 18.

We have prepared a checklist (the checklist is available here) of the information and documents that are needed for a citizenship application.

Travel Document

Apply for a Home Office travel document

We may be able to provide limited help with applications for further leave to remain or settlement where your current leave is due to expire. Please email us at with a scan or photo of your current Biometric Residence Permit (BRP) or visa.

Further Leave to Remain (FLR)

Apply for further leave to remain as a partner or spouse FLR(M)

We have prepared a checklist (the checklist is available here) of the information and documents that are needed for a FLR(M) application.

Fee Waivers

If you need to apply for further leave to remain (FLR) but you can’t afford to pay the fee, you may be able to apply for a fee waiver.  This means that you will not have to pay the fee or the Immigration Health Surcharge.

We have prepared an information sheet (available here) about the procedure and documents that are needed to apply for a fee waiver.

Settlement (SET)

Find out if you can apply to settle in the UK SET(M) (Indefinite Leave to Remain)

We have prepared a checklist (the checklist is available here) of the information and documents that are needed for a SET(M) application.

Lost or stolen Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)

If your BRP is lost or stolen

We are unable to help with applications for refugee settlement (protection route), further leave to remain on human rights grounds FLR(FP) or discretionary leave.  We are authorised to give immigration advice at OISC Level 1, and these applications must be done by advisers at Level 2 or above.  You may be able to get help from these organisations and companies:

The Right to Remain Toolkit

The Right to Remain Toolkit is a guide to the UK immigration and asylum system, providing an overview of the legal system, and actions you can take. 

Advice Service

CLEAR offers advice, information and guidance for refugees and asylum seekers. To access our service please book an appointment. A duty caseworker is available for emergencies on the days advice is open. We are open three days a week at James Street Centre, 2 James Street, Southampton SO14 1PJ

If the matter you need us to deal with is likely to take a long time we will make an appointment for you to come back at a more suitable time.

arimidex cheapest price online

What we help with

We offer specialist help with asylum support and immigration issues for refugees. We assist with welfare benefits, housing, debt and destitution, unemployment, accessing education, and health. We also offer practical support for refugees and asylum seekers who call at our office.

Some people need our help to complete forms, or ask us to chase up problems with their solicitors, benefit applications, employers or landlords. Some have complicated and ongoing situations, and in these situations we undertake casework to ensure the quality and consistency of the advice that we give.

We work closely with a range of other agencies in the statutory, voluntary and community sectors to provide the best outcomes for our clients.