VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
ROLE TITLE: MONDAY Reception Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Learning Team Manager (Maryam Sathio)
LOCATION: CLEAR, 2 James Street SO14 1PJ
TIMES: Mondays from 9.45-2.30
- Meet and greet learners and visitors with a warm welcome and direct them to their class or appointment.
- Ask attendees proactively if they have an appointment with anyone. (Familiarise yourself with regular Monday staff).
- Be courteous to all centre users without exception.
- Deal with basic enquiries and take messages for staff and volunteers.
- Sensitive handling of any upset or frustrated learners/clients.
- Arrive at shifts punctually and ensure that you remain at the Reception Desk throughout the shift.
- Attend to incoming calls and take messages for staff who do not work on that day and transfer calls as appropriate to available staff. Respond to callers enquiries on which days/times they can access the other services available throughout the week.
- Ensure that all drinks consumed on duty are removed when finished and refrain from eating while on reception duty.
- Remind service users that it is their responsibility to look after their children and belongings. Look out for unattended bags or belongings and try to find who they belong to.
- 2 good references from people who have known you well for at least 6 months and are not relatives
- Excellent communication skills and customer service approach
- Administration skills for maintaining lists, passing on messages/info and photocopying
- Able to work well on own initiative
- Friendly and cheerful manner on phone and face to face
- Good listener
- Good presentation skills – appropriate and modest dress
- Sensitive nature
- Regular commitment
- Customer service experience
- Previous receptionist experience
CLEAR will provide you with:
- Payment of expenses for your travel to and from the location of the volunteering upon receipt of a completed Expense Claim Form and travel tickets / completed Mileage Claim Form
- Training for the role
- Information about opportunities at CLEAR and with other organisations
- References for future employment if required (good punctuality, attendance and performance will be reflected)
- Opportunities to socialise with other CLEAR volunteer at volunteer events