VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
ROLE TITLE: Volunteer Administration Assistant
RESPONSIBLE TO: Rebecca Clarke
LOCATION: CLEAR Office 2 James Street, SO14 1PJ
TIMINGS: Volunteers sign up to a weekly 4 hour session on a day of their choice from Monday-Friday from 9.30-3pm. The same day each week is expected and we offer £3 towards lunch expenses.
MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB: To join a friendly team to provide administrative support to the CLEAR Learning Team. Duties will be selected from the following range of tasks.
- Dealing with enquiries on email following procedures outlined.
- Assist prospective volunteers to complete forms
- Request references
- Entry into volunteer database
- Maintain volunteer files
- Tracking of learners absence
- Assist learners to complete enrolment forms
- Data entry
- Compiling and updating registers electronically
- Assisting at ESOL Assessments
- Assisting with admin at training events
- Assist with events at the multicultural centre
- Ad hoc office duties, including washing up, tidying up, shredding, photocopying and other general duties
- Computer literate with excellent knowledge and skills of Microsoft office
- Experience of working in an office environment (any country)
- Good communication skills, in written and spoken English
- Organised and calm
- Able to use own initiative within given boundaries
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to maintain client confidentiality
- Pleasant attitude
- Able to commit one day a week for 4 hours, for a minimum of 10 weeks
- Previous experience in an administration role
- Good teamwork skills
- Good numeracy skills
- Willingness to phone clients and volunteers for various tasks such as inviting to courses.