VOLUNTEER ROLE DESCRIPTION
ROLE TITLE: Food Volunteer
RESPONSIBLE TO: Learning & Development Manager (Maryam Sathio)
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE: To ensure that a good quality process is in place for collection, parcelling and distribution of food for our target group at CLEAR.
LOCATION: CLEAR Office, 2 James Street, SO14 1PJ
TIME: Tuesdays and Thursdays 9.15-1.15
FREQUENCY: weekly one or both days above
- Keep all assigned areas (kitchen, food store cupboards and food parcelling areas) clean and tidy at all times.
- Keep hands clean and long hair tied back.
- Prepare parcels as agreed.
- Provide a high quality service at all times if any enquiries are made about the parcels (content or eligibility).
- Assist customers with queries in a prompt, professional, courteous and friendly manner, so that customer care standards are met.
- In case of emergency, ensure all aspects of security, fire and emergency procedures for assigned area are carried out.
- Report any unsafe practices or broken machinery/ equipment to the Manager immediately.
- Report any accidents to the Lead Volunteer for the shift and log in the Accident Book as appropriate.
- Use all equipment as trained observing all safe practices, so that accidents are avoided.
- Undertake and constantly apply the training from a Food Safety training course.
- Let colleagues know when you are taking a break since they are covering for you and may be waiting for your return.
- Able to work as part of a team
- Neat personal presentation in line with the requirements of a kitchen environment (eg long hair should be tied back, no dangling jewellery).
- Committed to training and achieving the Food Safety Level 2 Certificate.
- Good communication skills.
- Well motivated to work quickly behind the scenes but providing excellent customer service and patience when dealing with learners/clients.
- Experience of working in a catering environment.
- Previous customer service experience.
When closing down the food distribution, please ensure that the:
- Parcels awaiting collection are labelled with name of learner.
- Water heater off in the kitchen.
- Tables and surfaces are wiped down with surface cleaner and cloth.
- Store any fresh leftovers in fridge and freezer appropriately.
CLEAR will provide you with:
- Payment of expenses for your travel to and from CLEAR upon receipt of a completed Expense Claim Form and travel tickets / completed Mileage Claim Form
- Training for the role
- Information about other training / progression opportunities at CLEAR and with other organisations
- Opportunities to attend further training / progression opportunities at CLEAR and with other organisations
- References for future employment if required (good punctuality, attendance and performance will be reflected)
- Opportunities to socialise with other CLEAR volunteer at volunteer events